Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Maybe even better...

     When Seth Meyers left SNL after 13 seasons earlier this year, I will admit, I found it to be a hard pill to swallow. He had become a face that was almost a necessity to see every Saturday Night. After I took a step back and considered that this would be an even better situation- I started to become at peace and dare I say, even excited by the fact he wasn't going to be a series regular anymore. The positives far outweighed the negatives. Now, instead of 10 minutes a night of Seth one day a week, we were going to get to experience Seth's comical chats and gut busting monologues Monday-Friday for an hour!
      This would've been fine in itself, but once I found out Fred Armisen was going to be the musical director- I thought my face was going to explode! Losing Fred on SNL on the season 38 finale was a hard one for me as I have always been such a fan of his work and in so many ways, Fred is underrated. Plus Fred and Seth together equals comedy magic-and if you're like me, I always enjoy their interaction on Fred Talks. Here's my favorite Fred Talks so far:
     SNL fans- if you are not watching this show, you are missing out on something that is so brilliant that whoever came up with this gem deserves a raise for it. Second Chance Theatre gives SNL alums the ability to try out a sketch that for some reason or another was cut from a show(whether it was in dress or still in the early stages of writing). Not only are the sketches themselves always wonderful, but just hearing Seth discuss the world behind the scenes of SNL with previous cast members that we as fans aren't aware of is pretty insightful and undoubtedly hilarious. Below you will find Jason Sudeikis' Second Chance Theatre sketch "Juggling Flyer"
Also, here's Will Forte's Jennjamin Franklin (because I can't choose- I love Jason's and Will's sketches equally)
      I love watching Late Night for so many reasons and I feel, if we are lucky, we will have Seth on Late Night for many years to come!
 
BONUS CLIP:
I am absolutely all about this clip. When Aidy Bryant was on Late Night and she discussed meeting Drake I laughed so hard that it was painful (I can also see where she's coming from)!
Get it, Girl!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment