Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cheri Oteri

     During Cheri Oteri's 5 season run on Saturday Night Live she was unstoppable, painfully hilarious, and almost dared you to try not to laugh. It was impossible! Cheri Oteri along with other greats like Will Farrell  and Chris Kattan helped take SNL out of a transitional period into a time of SNL that is still highly reflected upon by so many.(Have you seen the famous Rolling Stones Cover?)
   I have to say, like many I loved her as Nadeen, the "Simmah Down Now" lady, the "Morning Latte" sketches she did with Will Farrell, and The Spartan Cheerleaders(also alongside Will Farrell).  But I also loved seeing her work with Molly Shannon- two extremely funny ladies that caused me to do something really crazy as an adolescent- accept my out of the box, wacky personality and just be myself. What I mean by this is watching Cheri and Molly take on every sketch they were apart of whole heartedly and go for it without holding back inspired me to embrace life with the same passion. They could've played in the background and let the boys run the show, but instead, Cheri did something that is hard for some people who join SNL(and what sometimes causes their show departure)... She could be in sketches with larger than life cast members who in some instances would dominate a sketch and she would walk out just as funny and just as memorable.
   This is why to this day if I find out Cheri Oteri is going to appear in anything, I rejoice because no matter what it is, I know that she will be one million percent funny and I thank her for that!

P.S. If you missed Cheri Oteri on Lifetime's Wishin' and Hopin' the other night, then you are in the same boat as me! I am hoping that they will air it again, but so I am more aware of any upcoming projects that she has, I am now following her on Twitter- @cherioteri .


Below are the links to a couple of amazing sketches of Cheri Oteri's:
Nadeen(Simmah Down Now)
Cheri on Weekend Update
Spartan Cheerleaders

No comments:

Post a Comment