Wednesday, August 10, 2016

42 Shuffle

As SNL is gearing up for it's 42nd season, we know that it is the norm to hear of cast changes, but I will be honest, I wasn't expecting the news today. Both Jay Pharoah and Taran Killam are out, as well as Featured Player Jon Rudnitsky.
It can be a little easier to lose a 1st year featured player like Jon- unless you're a fan of their work prior to the show, they don't have very much time to shine on air, so we don't really get that time to get to know their comedy. In the case of both Jay and Taran though, it's safe to say I'm a little bummed that we didn't get a 'Fred, Jason, or Bill Season 38' level send off as these two felt like big players in the show. It just feels very abrupt(which does happen sometimes with SNL cast members). I know in the end though that Lorne Michaels always has a well thought out plan, so I am looking forward to seeing the cast members that will step up in Jay's and Taran's place as well as the feel of Season 42 over all now. But as a reminder of the sheer amazing talent that Jay and Taran are in comedy and have been to SNL for the past 6 years(if I'm not mistaken), here are some of my favorite sketches they were apart of.

This sketch might be one of my favorite of all time and inspired the name of my web address. Here's Taran Killam in Mokiki: http://www.hulu.com/watch/423750

Also, I laugh every time I see 'Eddie the Overprotective Brother'. When I watch it, I catch myself laughing about 'Glice' for a couple of days. Taran is just on another level in this one: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/protective-brother/n32602

My favorite thing about Jay Pharoah is his impressions. He is just about untouchable. I have to post his weekend update Rappers Meeting:   http://www.hulu.com/watch/941734

His impersonation of  President Obama might be the best out there. It was hard to narrow it down, but this one has been my favorite Obama sketch for a long time. Here's Obama's and Romney's Town Hall Debate: http://www.hulu.com/watch/415485





No comments:

Post a Comment